Youtube's NEW Online Video Editing Tools and Features
I've been waiting since the launch of Youtube for them to do this. Now that it's finally in place, I can only imagine that it's just going to get better and become an even more powerful module for Youtube video users. The new Video editing features are awesome. Let me show you some things you can do with that raw video from your mobile device, your flip or Kodak video camera, or even that HD $2000 video camera you just got for your birthday.
In order to use this new Youtube feature, you will have to have a Youtube account which you can get here.
Next you'll need to be logged in to Youtube and then follow these 3 simple instructions:
1. Click on your account name in the upper right corner which opens a pull-down box and select "Account"
2. Across the "Menu Options" bar, there's a NEW link called "Video Editor" click on it
3. Select any (previously uploaded) video you want to edit, and let the fun and simple editing begin:
(simply drag and drop the video of choice into the empty box below to begin your video editing)
Some of the features in the new editor include:
- Color, brightness and contrast correction and adjustments
- Video stabilization which works great and is helpful for those "bumpy" recordings
- A variety of music and audio files available including instrumentals and background tracks
(note: an ad may show up in video if you use one of the free tracks provided in the editor)
- There are some cool transitions and effects that can be added to smooth out your video
- An easy to use cropping/trimming tool lets you get rid of the unwanted portions of video
It may be a little easier to demonstrate all this using a video. I'll show you some of the features and how it works. I think you're going to like the Youtube video editor, it's easy to use all the features, it could help increase the quality and enhance your videos, and since it's all online and a simple editor, there's no learning curve or any real challenges incorporating some of the tricks I'm about to show you. Enjoy!